Master Your Vocabulary. Take a look at:
Vocabulary List - Easy to study list with pictures and recordings for some words
Before you can say, “Be careful! There’s ants!”, you need to know the word for “ant”. Today we cover the Hindi words for common insects and related animals. In today’s lesson we cover the Hindi words for insects, black ant, housefly, mosquito, butterfly, honeybee, cockroach, and spider. We also cover the words for lizard, squirrel, snake, and mouse.
Learn these words on:
Here are the previous day’s lessons if you need to review or catch up:
- July 26, 2008 – #290 Wild Animals (tiger, elephant, lion, leopard, monkey, wolf, deer, and bear)
- July 25, 2008 – #289 Domesticated Animals (donkey, dog, puppy, goat, sheep, lamb, cow, buffalo, camel, horse, and related words)
- July 24, 2008 – #288 Birds (parrot, sparrow, crow, hen, pigeon, eagle, peacock)
- July 23, 2008 – #287 Vegetable (potato, onion, cauliflower, tomato, cabbage, eggplant, pumpkin, okra, peas, carrot, radish)
- July 22, 2008 – #286 Fruits (grapes, mango, banana, papaya, apple, sweet lime, guava, pineapple, pomegranate, orange)
And coming up, we will be covering the following topics. If you are not already getting an email for each day’s lesson, you can sign up: http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/emailverifySubmit?feedId=1132953&loc=en_US
- July 28, 2008 – #292 Water Animals
- July 29, 2008 – #293 Workers (helpers)
- July 30, 2008 – #294 Vehicles
- July 31, 2008 – #295 Electrical Appliances
If you have some ideas on how to improve the site, the podcasts, the emails, etc. or if you have ideas on future sessions or you like something that we are doing, please leave us feedback. You can do this through the Make a Suggestion link.
Looking for something more basic? Why not try our "50 Hindi Words to Get You Started" Lesson?
Looking for something else? Check out our Hindi/English Dictionary. Learn Hindi