What are you likely to see in the water? Perhaps a turtle, a whale, a dolphin, a fish, a frog? But what if there was a shark in the water at the beach? People are saying: “A shark! A shark!” But in Hindi! Might be useful to know the Hindi word. That is what we learn in today’s ISpeakHindi.com episode.
|water animals||jalchar praanii|
Did you see जल in the word for “water animals”? जल (jal) is another word for water. It is not as common as पानी (paanii). जल (jal) also conveys a sense of sacredness. Which would make sense when referring to something with life.
Learn these words on:
Here are the previous day’s lessons if you need to review or catch up:
- July 27, 2008 – #291 Insects, etc. (insects, ant, housefly, mosquito, butterfly, honeybee, cockroach, spider, mongoose, lizard, squirrel, mouse, snake)
- July 26, 2008 – #290 Wild Animals (tiger, elephant, lion, leopard, monkey, wolf, deer, and bear)
- July 25, 2008 – #289 Domesticated Animals (donkey, dog, puppy, goat, sheep, lamb, cow, buffalo, camel, horse, and related words)
- July 24, 2008 – #288 Birds (parrot, sparrow, crow, hen, pigeon, eagle, peacock)
- July 23, 2008 – #287 Vegetable (potato, onion, cauliflower, tomato, cabbage, eggplant, pumpkin, okra, peas, carrot, radish)
And coming up, we will be covering the following topics.
- July 29, 2008 – #293 Workers (helpers)
- July 30, 2008 – #294 Vehicles
- July 31, 2008 – #295 Electrical Appliances
- August 1, 2008 – #296 In Town
If you are not already getting an email for each day’s lesson, you can sign up: http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/emailverifySubmit?feedId=1132953&loc=en_US
The key to learning these words is to practice them. And to practice them, you need other people that know them or are studying them. Consider telling your friends, study group, class, family, etc. about ISpeakHindi.com so that you all can practice the words together.
If you have some ideas on how to improve the site, the podcasts, the emails, etc. or if you have ideas on future sessions or you like something that we are doing, please leave us feedback. You can do this through the Make a Suggestion link.