Everyday you use some electric appliance. They have become part of our everyday life. How often do you talk about the television, radio, fan, lamp, computer, etc. Most of the English words these items are widely understood. However, there are a few Hindi alternatives that could be worth while to learn.
If you have some ideas on how to improve the site, the podcasts, the emails, etc. or if you have ideas on future sessions or you like something that we are doing, please leave us feedback. You can do this through the Make a Suggestion link.
Learn these words on:
Here are the previous day’s lessons if you need to review or catch up:
- July 30, 2008 – #294 Vehicles (scooter, auto rickshaw, car, jeep, bus, truck, train)
- July 29, 2008 – #293 Workers (Helpers) (doctor, nurse, teacher, carpenter, postman, policeman, barber)
- July 28, 2008 – #292 Water Animals (turtle, whale, dolphin, seal, fish, frog, shark, crocodile, hippopotamus, walrus)
- July 27, 2008 – #291 Insects, etc. (insects, ant, housefly, mosquito, butterfly, honeybee, cockroach, spider, mongoose, lizard, squirrel, mouse, snake)
- July 26, 2008 – #290 Wild Animals (tiger, elephant, lion, leopard, monkey, wolf, deer, and bear)
Looking for something more basic? Why not try our "50 Hindi Words to Get You Started" Lesson?
Looking for something else? Check out our Hindi/English Dictionary. Learn Hindi