Today we look at making plural forms of masculine nouns that end with आ. To illustrate the singular and plural, we use the sentence patterns: यह ____ है। (This is ____ . ) and ये ____ हैं। (These are ____ . ) Notice how the verb comes at the end of the sentence is Hindi.
Here are the word endings that are changed when the word is made plural.
Here is our vocabulary for today’s lesson. Be sure and listen out for these words in the podcast.
Today’s lesson comes from the Hindi Primer.Download an entire month's worth of lessons. We have all the lessons from May 2009 through October 2011 in zip files containing the audio files and a PDF with all the lessons. You can download these in the paid subscriber area.
If you are not already a paid subscriber, you should consider becoming one. It is only $12 every 3 months. That's only $4/month. Learning Hindi is worth much more than $4/month, so this is a great deal.
- 300 – singular and plural Download article as PDF Wow! Today is our 300th episode! ...
- Where is my Hindi lesson? Download article as PDF There will be a brief delay...
- Using ऊ (Hindi Primer – Part 9 – Page 14) Download article as PDF Today we learn about the vowel...
- Using औ (Hindi Primer – Part 13 – Page 18 – Chapter 14) Download article as PDF Today we learn about the vowel...
- Using ई (Hindi Primer – Part 7) Download article as PDF Today’s lesson comes from the Hindi...