Let us focus on the second letter on the second line of the Hindi consonants. This is the letter छ
How does it look?
A backwards curvy three with a long tail that swings up and loops. This is connected to the top line with a small line. The first part of the backwards three does not touch the top line.
How to type it?
If you are using a US English keyboard with the standard Devanagari/Hindi layout, then you would press “:”
(see “How to type in Hindi” for more information about setting up your computer.)
At the Beginning
छत – roof (f)
छह – six
छठा – sixth
In the Middle
मछली – fish
At the End
कुछ – something
मूछ – mustache
With other vowels
छाता – umbrella
छोटा – small
मछुआ – fisherman
कछुआ – turtle
What else do you know about छ? Add it to the Wiki page about छpaid subscriber area.
If you are not already a paid subscriber, you should consider becoming one. It is only $12 every 3 months. That's only $4/month. Learning Hindi is worth much more than $4/month, so this is a great deal.
- Letter focus – घ Download article as PDF Today, we are focusing on the...
- Letter focus – च Download article as PDF This session focuses on च the...
- Letter focus – ख Download article as PDF The last letter that we looked...
- Letter focus – ग Download article as PDF In this episode, we will be...
- #260 – Kid’s Primer – Intro Download article as PDF Today we do not cover any...