Let us look at the third Hindi consonant on the second line: ज
How does it look?
Looks like a spoon sticking out of a T.
How to type it?
If you are using a US English keyboard with the standard Devanagari/Hindi layout, then you would press “p”
(see “How to type in Hindi” for more information about setting up your computer.)
At the Beginning
जब – when (e.g. When I go to the store, I will buy milk.)
जल – water
जग – jug; world
जवाब – answer, reply
In the Middle
सजनी – sweetheart, lady
साजन – sweetheart, man
सजग – vigilant
At the End
गज – elephant
साज – preparation
ताज – crown
आज – today
With other vowels
जाना – to go
जाल – net
जूता – shoe
Have something to add? Put it on the Wiki page about ज
Download an entire month's worth of lessons. We have all the lessons from May 2009 through October 2011 in zip files containing the audio files and a PDF with all the lessons. You can download these in the paid subscriber area.
If you are not already a paid subscriber, you should consider becoming one. It is only $12 every 3 months. That's only $4/month. Learning Hindi is worth much more than $4/month, so this is a great deal.
- Letter focus – घ Download article as PDF Today, we are focusing on the...
- Letter focus – च Download article as PDF This session focuses on च the...
- Letter focus – छ Download article as PDF Let us focus on the second...
- Letter focus – ख Download article as PDF The last letter that we looked...
- #260 – Kid’s Primer – Intro Download article as PDF Today we do not cover any...