Today we will be looking at words that have the long “i” ई sound. You will see many common words that contain this matra/vowel. Try practicing finding this vowel in combination with other consonants in the word find provided. Also, be sure and pay attention to the gender of the nouns. This will be important to remember when making sentences using these words. download wordfind
You can download the pdf here: http://iSpeakHindi.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07_july/wordfind13-july-2009.pdf
ख़ाली – empty, vacant, unoccupied, free (adj.)
चीज़ – thing (f)
मीठा – sweet, pleasant (adj), sweetmeat (m)
कहानी – story (f)
सही – correct, right, true, accurate (adj)
बीमार – sick (adj)
शादी – marriage (f)
ग़रीब – poor (adj)
अमीर – wealthy, rich (adj)
काफ़ी – enough, sufficient (adj)
सीखना – to learn
साड़ी – sari (f) – type of Indian clothing for women
पीठ – back, spine (f)
सीधा – straight, straightforward, simple, right, erect, direct, gentle, naive, good (adj)
हाथी – elephant (m)
घी – clarified butter (m)
दही – yogurt, curd (m)
अजीब – strange, wonderful, amazing, unique (adj)
घड़ी – a watch, timepiece (f)
नदी – river (f)
Download an entire month's worth of lessons. We have all the lessons from May 2009 through October 2011 in zip files containing the audio files and a PDF with all the lessons. You can download these in the paid subscriber area.
If you are not already a paid subscriber, you should consider becoming one. It is only $12 every 3 months. That's only $4/month. Learning Hindi is worth much more than $4/month, so this is a great deal.
- Word Find # 12 Download article as PDF Practice recognizing the Hindi letters by...
- Word Find #11 Download article as PDF How are you at recognizing the...
- Word Find #7 Download article as PDF Today we have another word find...
- Word Find #9 Download article as PDF Download and print: http://iSpeakHindi.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06_june/wordfind9-june-2009.pdf ...
- Word Find #10 Download article as PDF Anytime that you are learning a...