[If you are an ISpeakHindi.com Paid subscriber, then you should download this lesson from the Paid Subscribers' Area]
Part 1: Explanation
Often you will need to use a sentence about how you feel. For example:"I feel tired." "he is angry" .In this lesson we will learn how to express that a person feels , through several examples and it will also increase your Hindi stock of words. We can divide them in two parts one simple format and another is a question format. For example.
I am angry.
मैं नाराज़ हूँ.
हूँ= Am (be verb)
Part 2: Examples
Let us see some examples .
1) I am hungry.
मैं भूखा हूँ । Or मुझे भूख लगी है।
2) My son is ill.
मेरा बेटा बीमार है।
3) They are worried.
वे चिंतित हैं।
4) The students are nervous.
छात्र परेशान है ।
5) The parents are happy for their son.
माता पिता अपने बेटे के लिए खुश हैं ।
6) This man is angry about the damage to his car.
यह आदमी अपनी कार के नुकसान के बारे में गुस्सा है ।
7) He is ill.
वह बीमार है ।
8) Ratan is so hungry.
रतन बहुत भूखा हे. Or रतन को बहुत भूख लगी है ।
9) Pradip is worried.
प्रदीप चिंतित है ।
10) I am angry with you.
मैं आपसे / तुमसे नाराज़ हूँ।
11) Hiten is so lonely.
हितेन कितना अकेला है ।
12) This is so funny.
यह बहुत ही मज़ेदार है ।
13) I don’t envy my colleagues.
मैं अपने साथियों/ सहयोगियों को ईर्ष्या नही करना हू ।
14) I am surprised seeing your progress.
मैं आपकी प्रगति देखकर आश्चर्य / हैरान हूँ ।
15) Ravi believes me.
रवि मुझे विश्वास करता है ।
Part 3: Quiz
Now it is your time to practice. I will tell you a sentence in Hindi and give you a little time to think of the answer before I tell you.
Hindi -> English
1) मुझे प्यास लगी है ।
If you said “I am thirsty” you are correct.
2) मैं उलझन में हूँ ।
If you said “I am confused.” you are correct.
3) आपने/ तुमने मुझे खुश कर दिया।
If you said “You made me happy." you are correct.
Now try to think of the Hindi translation for these English sentences:
1) I am so happy for your success.
If you said " मैं आप की सफलता से बहुत खुश हूँ। " you are correct.
2) Her husband is a good man .
If you said “उसका पति एक अच्छा आदमी है। “ you are correct
3) I am really scared.
If you said " मैं सच में डर गया हूँ । " you are correct
Now you know how to express what you feel in Hindi.
Susmita also provides Hindi tutoring. You can find out more at http://affiliate.myngle.com/affiliate/affiliate.php?id=126&group=73Download an entire month's worth of lessons. We have all the lessons from May 2009 through October 2011 in zip files containing the audio files and a PDF with all the lessons. You can download these in the paid subscriber area.
If you are not already a paid subscriber, you should consider becoming one. It is only $12 every 3 months. That's only $4/month. Learning Hindi is worth much more than $4/month, so this is a great deal.
- Past Tense without ne Download article as PDF Part 1: Explanation Often you will...
- I’m waiting for you. You are waiting for the bus. Download article as PDF Today Susmita explains how to talking...
- Past Tense with ne Download article as PDF [If you are an ISpeakHindi.com Paid...
- simple postposition (in, from, up to) Download article as PDF Today we are going to learn...
- कब or जब – when? or when. Download article as PDF Remember how there were two Hindi...