[If you are a paid ISpeakHindi.com subscriber, then access the audio lesson in the Paid Subscribers area. If you want to become a paid ISpeakHindi.com subscriber, it is only $12/year. More details can be found at the bottom of the lesson.]
Today’s episode is sponsored by (http://www.DailyBabyGadget.com):
(You want to get your message here? Consider sponsor an episode. More details at: http://www.ispeakhindi.com/sponsor-ispeakhindi-com/)
Adjectives – विशेषण (Visheshan)
An adjective is often defined as a word which describes or gives more information about a noun or pronoun. Adjectives describe nouns in terms of such qualities as size, color, number, and kind.
Adjectives agree with the nouns they qualify. Hindi adjectives are of two types: those that inflect (change their endings), and those that are invariable. Those which inflect, such as big- बड़ा (badaa), or good – अच्छा (acha) and small – छोटा (chota), end in आ (aa) in the masculine singular, ए(a) in masculine plural and ई (e) in the feminine singular and plural. The invariable adjectives, like clean- साफ (saaf), hot – गरम (garam), excellent – उत्तम (uttam), difficult – कठिन (kathin), firm – द्रुध (drudh), monthly- मासिक (masik), daily- दैनिक (dainik), strong- बलवान (balvaan), etc never change.
This small girl is my sister.
यह छोटी लड़की मेरी बहन है।
Yeh choti ladki meri bahan hai
He drinks hot tea.
वह गरम चाइ पीता है।
Vah garam chai peeta hai
The elephant is a big animal.
हाथी बड़ा जानवर है।
Haathi bada janvar hai
Based on the use, adjective is divided into the following categories:
- Adjective of Quality – गुणवाचक (gunavachak)
- Adjective of Number – संख्यावाचक (samkhyavachak)
- Adjective of Quantity – परिमाणवाचक (parimanvachak)
- Demonstrative Adjective – संकेतवाचक (sanketvachak)
If you are not already a paid subscriber, you should consider becoming one. It is only $12 every 3 months. That's only $4/month. Learning Hindi is worth much more than $4/month, so this is a great deal.
- hot – गरम (garam) Download article as PDF Hello Everyone, Namaste नमस्ते Good morning...
- Feelings – some more sentences Download article as PDF [If you are an ISpeakHindi.com Paid...
- Word Find #8 Download article as PDF Download and print: http://iSpeakHindi.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06_june/wordfind8-june-2009.pdf सजग...
- colors Download article as PDF Today we are going to learn...
- Plan for January 2008 Download article as PDF We are starting something new this...