Nathan posted an update: 2 years, 9 months ago
@gavi George, I like your ”Learning Hindi” blog (http://learninghindi.tumblr.com/). I think that is a great way! In fact, that is exactly how ISpeakHindi.com got started. I have several requests/recommendations for you:
1) When you post a new episode on your blog, could you add a message about it to the activity stream on this site, with a link directly to the new lesson (that way if people search for it here, then the link will still take them to the right place on your site even if they are searching several months from now)
2) Some of the topics that you mentioned on your blog are also covered on some of the podcasts on this site. Perhaps you can leave a comment on those podcasts with a link to your blog. (I would of course appreciate a reverse link, but even a one way link will be helpful to other people)
3) Would you be interested in doing an interview for a podcast to talk about your blog and your efforts at learning Hindi?
Thank you so much! I know I have posted the link a few times in the chatroll sorry if it seems I’m spamming it. I’m stil starting up with the blog really and so obviously I’m trying to get readers and this site is a good place to find them!
1. Of course I can do that. It would be really useful for me, so I’ll be doing that for each new lesson I post, thanks!
2. Yeah, I will try and post links to my lessons on your pages, I will also post links back to your podcasts in my lessons, thats only fair!
3. Oh wow, it would be my pleasure. Admittedly I would be quite nervous and anxious about an interview but it would be so good for my blog. It would be something I would really enjoy. Let me know with any further details when you can please!
Thanks for taking me up on my suggestions. It is great to see the work you are doing on your blog.
I would like to set up a time to do the interview via skype. Is there a date/time next week that works for you? I can pretty much make anything work on Tuesday or Thursday. To give you an idea of what I had in mind, you can hear two of our other interviews:
I was thinking that we would talk about:
1) Why are you learning Hindi?
2) How? What tools, books, etc. do you use?
3) How long have you been learning Hindi.
4) What advise would you offer to other Hindi learners?
5) What are your favorite/most useful Hindi phrases?
6) Why, how, and what of your Hindi Learning blog.
7) Would you recommend others start a similar blog? How would you recommend they get started?
Nathan, sorry for taking a while to reply!
Unfortunately, I don’t know when I’m working next week yet. I should be able to do thursday at some point though! I live in England though, so they’ll be a time difference, not that I know what it is ha.
Great, I’ll have a few brief notes to help me answer those questions, just to give me a bit more confidence. I really look forward to it!